Additional Disposal Instructions
TV's, Computer & Related Components
Information from Department of Environmental Protection: New Electronics Recycling Law states that consumers and businesses can no longer dispose of covered devices, such as computers, laptops, monitors and televisions with their trash. DEP also has a toll-free hotline at 800-346-4242 for questions about electronic recycling requirements.
Places Accepting Televisions ONLY for Recycle/Disposal:TV Disposal - COVANTA, 2209 South 58th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147, 215-729-3770. Free TV, computer and monitor drop off the first and third Wednesdays of each month between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Website
Other Ways to Dispose
- Salvation Army at 66 Chester Pike in Darby will accept working TV's of all sizes.
- Salvation Army - view Salvation Army website for details and donations (only working tv's)
- Best Buy does RECYCLE TV's and other electronics, they tend to change their policy at times, so it is best to call first - 610-604-7474
- Staples will accept computers, no monitors or TV's.
- List of facilities in Delaware County accepting these items: view list under "Delaware County" (PDF)
- Working and non working vehicles Vehicle Donation Link
- eForce Recycling Link to Homepage
Used Motor Oil, Anti-Freeze, Car Batteries and TiresTake motor oil, antifreeze, and car batteries to a service station that accepts them.
Click HERE for the list of businesses that accept these items.
Click HERE for information on tire disposal.