Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Delaware County hosts 4 events per year. See the attached flyer for more information.
2021 HHW Collections
To obtain a license, Click HERE
You may call A. J. Blosenski to make arrangements (for a fee) to have your TV picked up. Call them at 610-942-2707 to inquire. The Landfill Disposal Ban went into effect January 24, 2013. This means that no person may dispose of these devices or related components with their regular trash these items must be must be properly recycled. Here are some suggestions: - Retailers that sell these devices. Participating retailers that offer this service are not permitted to charge a fee unless a financial incentive is provided. - Best Buy will take TVs and monitors up to 32" along with DVD, CD players and most small electronics excluding microwaves It is best to call first. - Salvation Army at 66 Chester Pike in Darby will accept WORKING TVs of all sizes. - Staples will accept computers, NO monitors or TV's. It is best to call first. - List of facilities in Delaware County
Yes. Recycling cans are available at the Township Building Monday thru Friday, 8:30-4:30. If you are a new resident and the previous owners did not leave you one, you can come get a can and lid at no charge. If you would like an additional one, the can is $12 and the lid of $3.50, or only $15.00 together. You may also pick up a recycling sticker for an additional can at no charge.
Yes. If you are unable to find an answer to your question please call the township and we will assist you.
Yes. If you do not find the answer to your question please call the township and we will assist. you.
680.05Unnecessary noises and dust pollution prohibited.
[Ord. No. 447, passed 9-10-2009]
[Ord. No. 454, passed 1-4-2010]
Call Strickler Animal Control - Allen Strickler office 610-485-2770 or any animal control company of your choice. The township does not handle wild life issues therefore the homeowner will be responsible for any incurred expense.
It is provided by Media Fire Company 610-565-3738.
1. Having a current dog license is the best way to ensure a dog is returned to its owner. For details visit https://www.delcopa.gov/ .
2. Anyone who finds a lost dog with a license can locate the owner by visiting the County website at https://www.delcopa.gov/ and click on Return a Lost Dog, enter the license type and number, and they will get the owner’s phone number. Or call the Delaware County Treasurer’s Office at 610-891-4276 during regular business hours to get the owner’s information.
3. If you find a lost dog and cannot locate the owner, contact the animal control officer in your municipality or call 911. Delaware County’s Emergency Services dispatchers will keep a log of recently reported found and lost dogs.
4. To report or reclaim a lost dog, call the Brandywine Vet Hospital at 610-459-0500, and provide detailed information. Stray dogs that cannot be returned to their owner will be transported to the Brandywine Vet Hospital by the local animal control officer. Citizen drop-off of stray animals will not be accepted.
5. There are some Internet sites where people can post photos and information on lost dogs. Visit www.PALostDogs.com, or www.facebook.com/BringtheLostPetsofDelawareCountyPAHome/
Yes. You need to obtain a zoning permit. Zoning Permit Application
You should call the PA Game Commission at 610-926-3136 or Animal Control at 610-485-2770.
Not all streets within the township are maintained by Upper Providence. Most streets are maintained by Upper Providence Township others are maintained by PennDOT. Here is a list of PennDOT streets: - Baltimore Pike - Bishop Hollow Road - Crum Creek Road (south from State Road to Nether Providence Township Line) - Kirk Lane - Manchester Avenue (except for 488-foot between bridge at Knowlton Road and Nether Providence Township. line) - S. Orange Street - Palmer's Mill Road - Providence Road - N. Ridley Creek Road - Rose Tree Road - State Road
Residents may also place trees curbside to be collected with their regular trash.
Township Council meets the 2nd Thursday of each month for their regular business meeting and the 4th Thursday of each month for their Committees meeting.
It is best to contact the Township and be directed to Code Enforcement so that the property in question can be checked for any code violations. You can also click on the "report a concern" LINK HERE button on the home page and submit it electronically.
- H & R Trucking & Environmental Services: 610-833-2836- Recycle Metals Corp.: 610-828-5553- Safe Disposal: 215-332-3134