- Officer Compliment/ Complaints
Officer Compliment/ Complaints
If you had a positive interaction with any officer(s) and/or staff of the Upper Providence Township Police Department and you would like to acknowledge them, please feel free to do so in the following way.
- Drop off a letter at the Police Department.
- Mail a letter to Upper Providence Township Police Department, 935 N. Providence Road, Media Pa 19063.
- Call the department (610-566-8445) and leave a message on the officer’s voicemail.
- Complete the Departmental Praise (attached) form and submit it to the Sergeant of Patrol Services or email at LBaker@upperprovidence.org
A written acknowledgement will be included in the officer/staff members personnel file and it is the best way for us to document the interaction. This can be done by US mail, drop off at the police department or email to the Sergeant of Patrol Services listed above. You should know that we take all praise and complaints seriously. A positive letter stemming from a positive interaction with our staff is very much appreciated.
It is the policy of the Upper Providence Township Police Department to investigate all complaints made against the department or its personnel, thoroughly, completely and impartially. A transparent and open relationship between the public and the citizens we serve is essential for effective law enforcement efforts.
The Upper Providence Township Police Department process was developed to ensure citizens with a fair and impartial method to address legitimate complaints against department personnel and also to protect officers and employees from false charges/allegations of misconduct or wrongdoing.
If you choose to file a complaint against the department or personnel, we ask you to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor assigned to investigate the complaint will gather all necessary information to investigate your complaint.
If you choose not to speak with a supervisor, you are able to file a complaint by accurately completing the attached form. Please type or print neatly.
If you require assistance completing the complaint form you can call the on-duty supervisor. The supervisor will assist you with any questions you may have. When you have completed the form you can return it to the police department in the following ways:
- Drop it off at the Police Department in an envelope.
- Mail it to the Police Department at 935 N Providence Road, Media Pa 19063.
- Email it to the Sergeant of Patrol Services, LBaker@upperprovidence.org
Once the complaint form is received a supervisor will be assigned. The supervisor will contact you by phone, email or mail to confirm receipt of the complaint. The Chief of Police will send you a letter advising you of the outcome of the investigation.