Reporting Lost or Found Dogs
1. Having a current dog license is the best way to ensure a dog is returned to its owner. For details visit Delaware County's Getting Your Dog License page.
2. Anyone who finds a lost dog with a license can locate the owner by visiting the County website and click on Return a Lost Dog, enter the license type and number, and they will get the owner’s phone number. Or call the Delaware County Treasurer’s Office at 610-891-4276 during regular business hours to get the owner’s information.
3. If you find a lost dog and cannot locate the owner, contact the animal control officer in your municipality or call 911. Delaware County’s Emergency Services dispatchers will keep a log of recently reported found and lost dogs.
4. To report or reclaim a lost dog, call the Brandywine Vet Hospital at 610-459-0500, and provide detailed information. Stray dogs that cannot be returned to their owner will be transported to the Brandywine Vet Hospital by the local animal control officer. Citizen drop-off of stray animals will not be accepted.
5. There are some Internet sites where people can post photos and information on lost dogs. Visit PALostDogs.com, or Bring the Lost Pets of Delaware County, PA Home Facebook page.