The Rose Tree Fire Company is an ALL VOLUNTEER fire company that relies on your support in order to serve the Upper Providence Township community. Please consider a donation to the fire company as we celebrate our community during Community Day!
Donations to the Rose Tree Fire Company are one of the main sources of revenue for the company. Without your donations, the company would not be able to run efficiently and safely. Please consider a donation to the Rose Tree Fire Company. You may donate HERE.
The mission of Rose Tree Fire Company, established in 1953, is to prevent and minimize the impact of fires, disasters and other emergency incidents within Upper Providence Township. Their volunteer services are focused on protecting the lives and property of our residents, merchants and visitors. The fire company strives to maintain a high state of emergency preparedness and improve the quality of life in our community by identifying potential hazards and advocating the importance of safety and fire safe behaviors.
Rose Tree Fire Company is a 100% volunteer organization and is always looking for people who are willing to help. If you live in the Upper Providence area and are interested in joining, please contact the Rose Tree Fire Company to learn more. The fire company will provide all of the necessary training and equipment at no cost to you. All you need is a desire to help your neighbors and sense of community pride.
There are many areas where you can get involved:
- Firefighting - We need dedicated men and women to help protect our community’s residents.
- Cadet Members (14 -15 yrs old) – Cadets receive training in fire company operations, team work, and community service. They also will receive equipment overviews under the supervision of the Cadet Directors. Cadets do not respond to emergency calls. This membership is an excellent introduction to the fire service for youth.
- Junior Members (16 -17 yrs old) – Juniors receive training and provide fire ground support functions until they reach the age of 18. Many of our current members started as junior members.
- Active Firefighters (18 +) - No previous experience is necessary but we do welcome trained firefighters with Firefighter 1 certification. Everything you need to know to become a successful volunteer firefighter will be provided for you. All training and equipment will be provided at no cost. You are welcome to go as far as you like with your training. You can be a driver/operator, an exterior-only firefighter, or an interior firefighter.
- Administrative – Do you have basic computer skills? Are you great with numbers? Do you have special office skills? We are always looking for talented and knowledgeable people to help with administrative duties, from general clerical assistance to grant writing to financial accounting.
- Fundraising – Rose Tree Fire Company needs your help to raise funds to keep our station equipped and functioning. Do you have ideas that can help bring in donations? There is always help needed during our annual fundraising drive, flower sale, dinners, dances and more. Bring your skills to our company and make a big difference.
- Fire Prevention and Safety Education – Not only does Rose Tree Fire Company fight fires and respond to rescue emergencies, but it is also our mission to teach the community about fire prevention and fire safe behaviors. If you are interested in helping to educate your neighbors, friends, and children about fire prevention and safety, then please join us.
- Ladies Auxiliary – No desire to ride the fire trucks, but still want to get involved? The Auxiliary helps the company with fundraising efforts, hall rentals, and providing food for the firefighters during and after major incidents. Meetings are held once a month.
- Specialized skills – Do you like to take pictures? Are you great at product design or marketing? Do you love to cook? All volunteers are appreciated for their unique skills, abilities and time commitment.
Everyone in our community needs someone who cares and is willing to step up to help our citizens when they are in need. That someone can be you!