Two important projects will affect traffic and travel over the next few weeks in Delaware County:
- Shuttle buses to replace all trolleys on the 101/102 (Media & Sharon Hill) trolley lines through July 3
- I-95 lane closures at night this week in Delaware County
SEPTA ROUTE 101 & 102 IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Shuttle Buses to Replace ALL Trolleys – Now through Sun., July 3: SEPTA is reminding customers that shuttle bus service will operate in place of ALL Route 101 and 102 Trolleys between 69th Street Transportation Center and the end of each trolley route (101: Media | 102: Sharon Hill) to allow crews to safely perform necessary track and signal repairs and improvements along the Trolley network.
During the shuttle busing service, customers should plan for up to 15 minutes of additional travel time. Signage has been posted at stations along both routes, and information on the bus replacement service, including boarding locations, is available online here. Shuttle buses will board at or near trolley stations. Please look for 101/102 boarding signs.
During this three-week period, crews will make necessary repairs and upgrades to track switches, install new track crossovers, replace track ties and adjust trolley overhead catenary wires at various locations along both routes as part of SEPTA’s ongoing suburban trolley system improvement program.
I-95 Lane Closures at Night This Week, Continuous This Weekend for Construction in Delaware County
Single and double lane closures are scheduled at night this week and continuously this weekend on Interstate 95 in Delaware County between the U.S. 322/Commodore Barry Bridge (Exit 4) and Route 420 (Exit 9A/9B) interchanges for expansion dam replacement and milling and paving operations under a project to rehabilitate pavement and repair 15 structures on more than 11 miles of the interstate in Lower Chichester, Upper Chichester, Chester, Ridley and Tinicum townships, the City of Chester and Upland and Ridley Park boroughs, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, June 20, through Thursday, June 23, from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning, a single lane closure will be in place on sections of northbound and southbound I-95;
- Monday, June 20, through Thursday, June 23, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, a double lane closure will be in place on sections of northbound and southbound I-95;
- Friday, June 24, from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning, a single lane closure will be in place on sections of northbound and southbound I-95; and
- From 9:00 PM Friday, June 24, to 12:00 AM Monday, June 27, a double lane closure will be in place on sections of northbound I-95.
In addition, the ramps from northbound I-95 to Ridley Park (Exit 8) and Route 420 (Exit 9A/9B) will be closed and detoured on Monday, June 20, through Friday, June 24, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for milling and sawcutting operations. Northbound I-95 motorists will be directed to follow the posted detour routes.