In accordance with Pennsylvania Act 157, a mandatory $4.50 educational fee will be collected for each permit application, in addition, to permit fees.
Penalty Fee for work performed without a permit in addition to the actual fee:
- Residential - $150
- Commercial - $250
Building Plan Review
The Township may determine that a special building plan review is required. If it is determined that a specialized building plan review is required, the applicant shall execute a reimbursement agreement wherein the applicant agrees to reimburse the Township for any costs incurred for specialized plan reviews. Fees for specialized plan reviews are fees in addition to any permit fees or Township review fees required by any other ordinance, regulation, or resolution by the Township.
Additional fees may be imposed for the review of plans and inspections made by outside agencies, individuals, or organizations. The fee imposed shall be reasonable and will be calculated by the Township Engineer, based on the actual cost to the Township.
The applicant, owner, or agent will reimburse to the Township all fees paid by the Township to the Township Engineer, Solicitor, Planner, Traffic Engineer, or other professional consultant for all reviews and field inspections.
- New construction, including all habitable spaces (basement, garage, porch, and deck areas) - $0.75 per square foot ($250 minimum)
- Additions to any residential classification - $0.70 per square foot ($250 minimum)
- Repairs, Alterations, and Renovations (including basement, garage, and porch to living space and installation of new door or window in the new opening) - $30 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($250 minimum)
- Decks and Porches (greater than 30 inches above grade) - $0.75 per square foot ($175 minimum)
- Demolition - $175 per structure
- Pools (in-ground) - $25 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($250 minimum)
- Pool (above-ground and greater than 24 inches depth) - $150
- Retaining walls (greater than 48 inches of retained earth) - $10 per linear foot ($200 minimum)
- Stoves, Fireplaces, and inserts - $50 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($200 minimum)
- Underground Tank Removal - $150
New construction and additions:
- $1.00 per square foot up to 4,000 square foot
- $0.75 per square foot 4,001 to 10,000 square foot
- $0.50 per square foot over 10,000 square foot
- ($1,000 minimum)
- Alterations, repairs, and renovations (Involving all modifications, conversions, and repairs): $50 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($500 minimum)
- Demolition: $75 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($300 minimum)
- Towers/Antennas: $100 per $1,000 or portion thereof ($750 minimum)
- Retaining/Landscaping walls (greater than 48 inches): $10 per linear foot ($175 minimum)
In accordance with Pennsylvania Act 157, a mandatory $4.50 educational fee will be collected for each permit application, in addition, to permit fees:
- Roofing/Shingling Residential - $25 per $1,000 of cost ($100 minimum)
- Commercial Roofing/Shingling - $50 per $1,000 of cost ($200 minimum)
- Temporary Storage Units (PODS, etc.) *$25 (*Fee renewal/approval required after 30 days - $5)
- Maximum 2 Renewal Permits
- Underground Tank Removal - $150
- Building Code Appeals Board Hearing - $250 plus any additional administrative costs
Plan review fees will be charged after the plan review is complete and will be determined by the Township's third-party inspection agency. Fees due before the Permit is released. Inspection fees will also be determined by the Township's third-party inspection agency.
We are not responsible for errors or omissions. Hard copies are available in the Township Office or call 610-565-4944 with any questions regarding the fee schedule.