Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Delaware County hosts 4 events per year. See the attached flyer for more information.
2022 HHW Info
Show All Answers
To obtain a license, view Delaware County's Getting Your Dog License page.
You may call A. J. Blosenski to make arrangements (for a fee) to have your TV picked up. Call them at 610-942-2707 to inquire. The Landfill Disposal Ban went into effect January 24, 2013. This means that no person may dispose of these devices or related components with their regular trash these items must be must be properly recycled. Here are some suggestions: - Some Best Buy locations will take TVs and monitors up to 32" along with DVD, CD players and most small electronics excluding microwaves It is best to call first. - Salvation Army at 66 Chester Pike in Darby will accept WORKING TVs of all sizes. - Some Staples Stores will accept computers, NO monitors or TV's. It is best to call first.
eForce recycling events
Yes. Recycling cans are available at the Township Building Monday thru Friday, 8:30-4:30. If you are a new resident and the previous owners did not leave you one, you can come get a can and lid at no charge. If you would like an additional one, the can is $12 and the lid is $3.50, or $15.00 if purchased together. You may also pick up a recycling sticker for an additional can at no charge.
Yes. If you are unable to find an answer to your question please call the township and we will assist you.
Yes. If you do not find the answer to your question please call the township and we will assist. you.
680.05Unnecessary noises and dust pollution prohibited.
[Ord. No. 447, passed 9-10-2009]
[Ord. No. 454, passed 1-4-2010]
Call Strickler Animal Control - Allen Strickler office 610-485-2770 or any animal control company of your choice. The township does not handle wild life issues therefore the homeowner will be responsible for any incurred expense.
The non-emergency phone number is 610-566-5891.
It is provided by Media Fire Company 610-565-3738.
1. Having a current dog license is the best way to ensure a dog is returned to its owner. For details visit Delaware County's Getting Your Dog License page.
2. Anyone who finds a lost dog with a license can locate the owner by visiting the County website and click on Return a Lost Dog, enter the license type and number, and they will get the owner’s phone number. Or call the Delaware County Treasurer’s Office at 610-891-4276 during regular business hours to get the owner’s information.
3. If you find a lost dog and cannot locate the owner, contact the animal control officer in your municipality or call 911. Delaware County’s Emergency Services dispatchers will keep a log of recently reported found and lost dogs.
4. To report or reclaim a lost dog, call the Brandywine Vet Hospital at 610-459-0500, and provide detailed information. Stray dogs that cannot be returned to their owner will be transported to the Brandywine Vet Hospital by the local animal control officer. Citizen drop-off of stray animals will not be accepted.
5. There are some Internet sites where people can post photos and information on lost dogs. Visit PALostDogs.com, or Bring the Lost Pets of Delaware County, PA Home Facebook page.
Yes. You need to obtain a zoning permit. Zoning Permit Application
You should call the PA Game Commission at 610-926-3136 or Animal Control at 610-485-2770.
To find your district, view the District Map (PDF).
Not all streets within the township are maintained by Upper Providence. Most streets are maintained by Upper Providence Township others are maintained by PennDOT. Here is a list of PennDOT streets:
Bishop Hollow Road
Crum Creek Road (south from State Road to Nether Providence Township Line)
Manchester Avenue (except for 488-foot between bridge at Knowlton Road and Nether Providence Township. line)
S. Orange Street
Palmer's Mill Road
N. Ridley Creek Road
Rose Tree Road
Contractor shall collect, remove and dispose of yard waste placed at curbside in approved paper biodegradable, compostable bags, approved 55 gallon container or tied into bundles no more than 3 feet in length and weighing no more than 30 lbs. Yard waste may consist of tree trimmings, shrubbery, leaves, general yard and garden residues/wastes and other similar material but specifically excluding grass clippings. (grass clippings can be included as part of your regular trash) The collection will occur every other week on Wednesdays throughout the year or other scheduled time as approved by the Township.2022 ScheduleJanuary – 5, 12, 19 and 26February – 9 and 23March – 9 and 23April – 6 and 20May – 4 and 18June – 1, 15 and 29July – 13 and 27August – 10 and 24September – 7 and 21October – 5, 12, 19 and 26November – 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30December – 7, 14, 21 and 28
Residents may also place trees curbside to be collected with their regular trash.
Township Council meets the 2nd Thursday of each month for their regular business meeting and the 4th Thursday of each month for their Committees meeting.
Business and Committee Meetings.
To see when your recycled materials will be collected,
It is best to contact the Township and be directed to Code Enforcement so that the property in question can be checked for any code violations. You can also click on the "report a concern" LINK HERE button on the home page and submit it electronically.
- H & R Trucking & Environmental Services: 610-833-2836- Recycle Metals Corp.: 610-828-5553- Safe Disposal: 215-332-3134
Call 911 so that the Highway Department or PennDOT can be notified.